Monday, March 3, 2008

Decor...


So we have been in our house for almost a year now, and I am finally getting around to decorating.  Mostly, thanks to my MIL.  She closed her wonderful 'boutique' shop in Pleasant View, called Grandmas Closet.  We all miss the perks.  However this has left her with some free time; part of which she is generously using to aid in my decorating projects!  I have a hard time going to a store and imagining what I need.  So, in the past, I just chose to do nothing instead of something.  But my MIL is teaching me that doing something is better than doing nothing, and to not be afraid to try stuff, and move it around, and live with it for a bit, then change it up.   So, we started with my empty space above my cabinets.  Here is what we have so far, I am living with it, and we are working on the mantle!  Isn't she great!  Thanks mom!

10 comments:

Circe said...

That looks really cute-good luck on the never ending decorating projects! :)

FarrEver Family said...

Wow! I am simply just jealous of that beautiful kitchen. I am sure it is more adorable with all the cute decorations, but to me wow...that is a nice looking space. I willing to take a tour if you ever open your home up for the tour of homes![=

Anonymous said...

You've got a sweet kitchen! Love the added accents! I lack in the decorating department. I try stuff, but I get sick of it really fast or I worry that it looks tacky. Maybe I could borrow your mother in law!

The Quist Family said...

Looks so great!Love the kitchen! Decorating really is never ending! I feel like I just want to hurry and get it done. It's never done!

Stephanie said...

Hey Amy!! We got your blogsite from the Starks'. I LOVE your kitchen. It's beautiful! I finally decorated the tops of my cabinets as well. I agree with your mother in law that doing something is better than nothing! Well if you want to check out our blogsite, it's http://barnesyard.blogspot.com.
-Stephanie Barnes

Camilla said...

love the decor, i'm trying to decorate the top of my cabinets as well. I need some serious ideas.

Mindy said...

Amy, your kitchen is so open! I love it. Your decorating looks great. It is hard and expensive to decorate such nice, big homes. Tai Pan is my best friend!

Kristy said...

The kitchen looks great. I can't wait to see what you two did with the mantle.

Scroll down to take a tour of this cabin. said...

Lindsay says...What a great MIL! Sometimes putting things together is so hard, especially with all that space above the cabinents. It looks great though. Your home is beautiful!

Marie said...

I've gotten a few glimpses of your house from your blog, and it looks really nice! I'm excited for you that you're decorating. It's a lot of fun, but expensive, of course. It takes us all forever to get around to it.