I swear we don't have a lot more going on in the summer than the winter, but my computer time is cut into 1/4th. We have just been doin' all the outdoor summer fun stuff. Porter is doing T-ball, and enjoys it. Really he is out there to be social, maybe the competitiveness will kick in later.
Kael enjoys his Gymnastics class, and they are doing swimming lessons at some point this summer. We do things like, go to the little zoo up here, and when the fairgrounds have an event we check those out. Last week we went to the park and over to check out the bulls, sheep, horses, calf's etc... for the rodeo. The kids loved it.
We had the missionaries over for dinner, which was fun, not a frequent opportunity in our area.
Dress up is also a part of daily routine round here.:)
The kids recently got hair cuts. Porters being the most dramatic change.
We have tried to sneak a few hikes in here and there,
and are still working on the yard. WOW, I am pretty sure it will take us all summer to get it in; j/k, but it feels like it! So that is a quick run down of where we have been, and I will post about our weekend excursion next week.
6 comments:
Amy, you're so good at updating your children's lives! You are really on top of things! You have a great family!
Fun summer stuff!! I love summer with kids, they are filthy dirty and exhausted at the end of every day:) I think it is so cute!!
Ports hair looks so much better! And I'm sure cooler, too. Loved the pictures.
I love the picture of Reese and Kael lounging in the lawn chairs. I'm sure Porter appreciated having fans! You are definitely keeping busy. And by the way, you might be joking about taking all summer to finish your yard, but I swear that's what will happen to us.
I know what you mean about not having as much time. I hope you guys have a super summer:)
So when I saw the picture of Porters hair it reminded me of you as a child. I remember that you were wanted to grow your hair out so bad but your mom wouldn't let you and I thought it was so mean of your mom. I know she's such a mean person, huh? It's funny to see you with long hair though now...it's your way of rebelling isn't it!
Post a Comment