Monday, April 20, 2009

Spring break and Easter weekend

Alright, I downloaded the pictures backwards, so I am going to tell the weekend that way too! We had a great Easter weekend! We spent Sunday at mom and dads. Wonderful meal and lots of Easter fun. The kids got clothes, and workbooks for summer. Then they set out to gather eggs scattered all around the back yard. They were very valuable eggs, full of change. The kids were thrilled.


This is what was left after 10 minutes in the back yard!


Grandpa also got each of the kids a special gift! Headlamps. My kids love to use them, especially at night in bed to read stories. They were thrilled.


The silly kids waiting to get their presents from grandma and pa.


Prior to sunday we spent the week in Midway at the condo. This is reese after the Sunday morning Easter egg hunt at the condo. In her new tutu.


Saturday we spent some time at the park, just playing, after the Heber city egg hunt.


The city hunt was so fun. It was hilarious to see all those kids run out to the field and clean it in 2 minutes. Porter even got a golden egg with a $1 coin in it.


Saturday night we went to Zermatt for spaghetti dinner. They also had Face painting...




Egg coloring...


Even a celebrity appearance... Easter Bunny himself. Cache wasn't sure about the whole Bunny thing, but he was drawn to him, well, more likely his candy. He would follow the bunny around pointing and jabbering to get our attention and make sure we knew what it was. Then the minute that bunny turned around Cache was off like a shot, squealing with adrenaline. It was funny.


Of course the yummy food. I think Reese out ate all of us.


I had gone up to the condo on Wednesday, so I had done a little research of special Easter events. The Homestead had several that we attended. A Kite Scavenger hunt, and Eater basket making were the two that we made it to. Reese was quite proud of her little basket.


We played horseshoes, went on walks, explored the crater, went swimming, rode 4 wheelers, played at parks, and had a great spring break. Especially when we started at the sweets candy factory.


Sara and I decided to take the kids to SL and tour the Sweets candy factory. The kids thought it was fun, wearing the hairnets and buying candy. I think they got a little from the tour too.


It was a fun, busy weekend. These are the times that I remember how nice it was when Porter wasn't in school and we could have getaways any time we wanted to. Those were the days. :)

6 comments:

Marie said...

Now that is one fun-filled Easter weekend! It won't be long before I have to start planning my fun around Olivia's school schedule too.

Heather said...

What a fun weekend! And I love the new pictures on the sidebar of your blog. You have gorgeous children!

Amie said...

Amy! I love all of these pictures! They have SO much personality! I love the pile of eggs, and I love the headlamps. If they really do use them to read at night, I should get some for my girls!

Stef said...

What a fun time you had for spring break. Headlamps are the best toys invented! Isn't it a bummer that school gets in the way of play.

FarrEver Family said...

There is always fun to be had at the Cragun house! Thanks for your great comments, they always brighten my day.

Allie and Reed said...

Your kids are just so stankin' cute! Wow you guys are one busy family. What a fun weekend!